Thursday, June 5, 2014

Celebratory 'The Fault In Our Stars' Nail Art!




In celebration of the theatrical release of The Fault In Our Stars I decided to revamp the nail art design I did lo so many years ago (actually, it was just 1-2 years).

This time, the design, though very much like the previous ones (which you can find here and here), is much more glittery, with a backdrop that is meant to resemble the starry night sky.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this nail art look. I am always surprised by how difficult it is to create clouds, despite their existence as non-specifically lumpy blobs.

And before I jump right in, I wanted to mention that I'll be attending The Night Before Our Stars tonight! I can't wait and have been feeling nervous/anxious all week.

Okay, time for the nail art!



Supplies:

  • nail dotting tool (anything with a sturdy rounded point that allows for precision)
  • base & top coat
  • polish colors: 
    • black, preferably with small glitter
    • blue
    • white
    • optional: chunky holographic glitter
    • I used (right photo):



The black polish I used (Zoya 'Storm') has small holographic glitters in it and is a completely beautiful polish alone. But for this look I added a coat of chunky holographic glitter (China Glaze 'Techno') for some extra shine. The glitters don't have to be holographic for either, but I think it looks especially nice this way.

And here is the nail look!
I really like this one. The chunky holographic glitter makes it perfect.





I hope you enjoyed!
And if you're going to see The Fault In Our Stars tonight or this weekend (or anytime really) don't forget to bring some tissues.


4 comments:

  1. Great look, really well done! Have you seen the movie? I haven't seen it yet x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nails always look perfect! Are they natural? And do you have a pic without any polish?

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is adorable!! we love the book, and we love john green as a writer, so we'll have to try this out!

    M + K

    ReplyDelete