Friday, December 27, 2013

December 2013 Reading Update

I can't believe this is the last reading update for 2013.

Time flies by too quickly.

For December. I spent most of this month rereading the entire Harry Potter series, so there wasn't much in terms of other novels.

However, I was able to finish off a few new novels that I have been meaning to read for quite some time.

I'll keep this reading update short and sweet since there are a couple more book posts left to post before the year is up.

As usual, links will be provided.
All photos below are courtesy of Goodreads.




PROSE

The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight - Jennifer E. Smith


I have waited a long time to read this book. Jennifer Smith always has the most enticing YA romance titles. Unfortunately, I was slightly underwhelmed by this book- granted, I did have high expectations. It wasn't bad- just okay. It had some cute moments, but nothing outstanding that would ever make me reread it. I'd recommend it to someone looking for a light read.

Links: Amazon | Goodreads






The Maze Runner - James Dashner


This book has been sittting on my shelf since last year waiting to be read. I really enjoyed the first half of the book. The mystery was intriguing and I was compelled by the unique plot. However, as I read the second half, the lack of any explanation became annoying. And by the ending, I was underwhelmed and frustrated. I care enough to read the second installment eventually (mostly because I already bought it), but not right away.

Links: Amazon | Goodreads





Fortunately, the Milk - Neil Gaiman



Such a fun illustrated book about a father and his adventure while trying to get milk for his children's breakfast cereal. A delight for all ages.

Links: Amazon | Goodreads








The Harry Potter Series - J.K. Rowling (reread)


Sometimes, I just need to reread Harry Potter. And this is one of those times. December began as a stressful month for me, and rereading this series has been the best remedy imaginable.

Links: Amazon | Goodreads








A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (reread)


I read this book for the first time around the winter holidays, and I think its quickly become a holiday tradition for me.

Links: Amazon | Goodreads









GRAPHIC NOVELS/COMICS


The Unwritten, Vol. 2-5 - Mike Carey, Peter Gross


I have been devouring this comic series. I just can't resist books about books/fiction/writing/storytelling/etc. There are a few things that are keeping me from loving this series (the characters could be more real/likable), but I still thoroughly enjoy the story.

Links: Amazon | Goodreads






That wraps up the last reading update for 2013.
It's been a fun year.

And though I would really like to continue this onto 2014, I'm someone who likes to try new things. It may be time to revamp this site and just do something different in terms of reading updates. I'll post updates on these changes as I see fit.

I will be back soon with more end-of-the-year updates. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment