Monday, June 17, 2013

Book Haul: June 2013

I love book hauls, don't you? The feeling of a new book joining the family. The crisp clean pages and fingerprint-less covers. It's a beautiful thing.

 The library has been a great resource lately,
which has fortunately been subduing my need for purchasing new books. However, if I come across a book I know I'll want to own, the book hoarder in me prefers to purchase it immediately.

As usual, this months haul is filled with books I see myself wanting to read in the future (whether near or far).

 I'll do my usual thing of stating where I bought each and why I chose to purchase these specific books.

Now let's get into the haul.

I included a cover shot of the entire haul so you could get a look at all the pretty covers.



Top Row [L-R]:
The 5th Wave, Attachments, Consider the Lobster

Bottom Row [L-R]:
The Disereptuable History of Frankie Landau Banks, Dramarama, I Am the Messenger, The Hundred Year of Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared


The Fifth Wave - Rick Yancey
  • purchased from: Barnes & Noble
  • reason for purchase: I've been itching to buy and read this book. I considered putting it on hold at the library but the wait was off putting so I went straight for the purchase (luckily, with a B&N coupon)


Dramarama - E. Lockhart
  • purchased from: Amazon seller
  • reason for purchase: I'm a big fan of E. Lockhart and I heard this book was/went out of print so I thought I'd snatch it up before prices went up.


The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau Banks - E. Lockhart
  • purchased from: Barnes & Noble
  • reason for purchase: This is an E. Lockhart book I've heard a lot about so I thought I'd pick it up since I'd definitely read it eventually. 


Attachments - Rainbow Rowell
  • purchased from: Amazon seller
  • reason for purchase: Eleanor & Park was a win for me. I mentally bookmarked this book since. My friend started it so I thought I'd get it in case she started raving, because knowing me, I'd want to read it immediately following a rave review.


I Am the Messenger - Markus Zusak
  • purchased from: Barnes & Noble
  • reason for purchase: The Book Thief was one of my favorite reads from 2012. I trust this Zusak piece to be amazing as well.


The Hundred-Year Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared - Jonas Jonasson
  • purchased from: Amazon seller
  • reason for purchase: This is a book I have been curious about for quite some time. The title itself is cute and appealing.


Consider the Lobster - David Foster Wallace
  • purchased from:
  • reason for purchase: I've read "Consider the Lobster" (the article) before and have since been turned on to David Foster Wallace's collections. I initially wanted to start with A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again but went with this one instead.

I hope you enjoyed this haul!
I'm quite excited to start some of these, starting with The 5th Wave or The Hundred-Year Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared.

4 comments:

  1. I love book hauls so much! I've been eyeing up that Jonas Jonasson one for a while too, really interested to hear what you think of these :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll make sure to review that one when I get to it. (:

      Delete
  2. "The Hundred Year of Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared" SO CURIOUS about this. ^^ yay back to posting~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I thought you'd find the cover intriguing (:
      I will let you know when the review goes up.

      Delete