Tuesday, May 7, 2013

NOTD: Sally Hansen "Blue Me Away"

Today's notd is for Sally Hansen's "Blue Me Away," a vibrant medium blue. I enjoy this Sally Hansen line quite a lot. Its inexpensive, and all the polishes I have from this line is very opaque.


I did a blue ombre manicure a while back. The photo below are the polishes I used, so you can see how "Blue Me Away" compares. If you want to see all the polishes on my fingers (as well as a complete list of the polishes depicted below) you can find my blue ombre manicure here.


The formula of this polish is very opaque. 2 coats is more than enough. You might even be able to get away with 1. This polish, due to its vibrant quality, is difficult to capture accurately on camera. Its not quite as bright as it shows up in photos.

*warning: This polish is horrible with staining. I recommend two coats of a good base coat. One may do, but even then, this polish still stains my nails horribly.

(Sally Hansen "Blue Me Away," 2 coats)

(Sally Hansen "Blue Me Away," 2 coats)

I also used this polish in my TFIOS manicure. If you would like to see that, you can find it here.

2 comments:

  1. I love this shade. But the staining ;____; Why must all the pretty blues stain so bad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, worst polish staining I have ever experienced is with this polish. "Pacific Blue" doesn't stain my nails at all though so I dunno what's up with this one. :/

      Delete