Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Deborah Lippmann "Across the Universe"

Today's nail of the day is one that makes me incredibly excited for the colder weather. Deborah Lippmann's "Across the Universe" has been sitting in my drawer all summer as all my brighter colors got more use. But when I stepped outside, felt the breeze, and realized the sun was hiding behind a thin layer of clouds, I knew I had to use this polish immediately.

(photographed: Deborah Lippmann "Across the Universe")

Deborah Lippman's "Across the Universe" has green and blue glitters in a dark navy base. The multicolored glitters ranging from greens to blues also vary in size. If you enlarge the photo below you can see the small blue glitters.

(photographed: Deborah Lippmann "Across the Universe")

This type of polish is one of my favorite to wear during the cold weather when I get bored of plain dark colors. I love creme-y colors when it comes to pastels and brights, but it can begin to feel repetitive with deep colors. Having glitters in a dark base is not only more exciting to wear, but the dark base keeps the glitter from being too overwhelming to wear.

(photographed: Deborah Lippmann "Across the Universe," 3 coats, natural lighting)

This polish was surprisingly difficult to photograph. I don't know if it's because the base is so dark, but I had to take several tries before I felt I could accurately capture it.

(photographed: Deborah Lippmann "Across the Universe," 3 coats, natural lighting)

Pros
  • Beautiful, beautiful glitter.
  • The dark base makes it an incredibly wearable glitter.
  • Unique. I have yet to see another glitter polish like it.
  • Will look amazing on anyone.
Cons
  • The formula is a bit sheer. I needed 3 coats for opacity. You can opt to put a navy base underneathe, but I prefer having the effect of layers and layers of glitter. 
  • Deborah Lippmann glitters tend to run at $18/bottle. An honestly ridiculous price. But if you only get a few Deborah Lippmann polishes, this has to be one of them. 

Final Verdict: Love this polish. A definite favorite! Despite glitter polish having a bad reputation when it comes to removal, I will be wearing this polish all winter long.

No comments:

Post a Comment