Monday, July 16, 2012

Essie "Cute As A Button" & Zoya "Chloe"

Today's nail of the day was inspired by Deborah Lippmann's "Sweet Dreams," a fuchsia base with flake-y glitters. When I looked up photos of "Sweet Dreams," the glitters in it reminded me of Zoya's "Chloe." Since I already own "Chloe," all I needed was a color to be the fuchsia base. Sadly, when it comes to pinks, my collection is rather small. So instead, I had to substitute the fuchsia with Essie's "Cute As A Button." I actually adore this combination. And instead of spending $18 on a new Deborah Lippmann polish, I just used colors I already had sitting around.

(photographed [left to right]: Essie "Cute As A Button," Zoya "Chloe")


Essie's "Cute As A Button" is a pink/coral, slightly heavier on the pink. The sunlight can bring out more of the coral, whereas in the shade, like the photo below, you see more of the pink.

(photographed: Essie "Cute As A Button")

Zoya's "Chloe" was a part of Zoya's Fleck Effect collection. "Chloe" has a light pink/peach base with golden/orange/green flake-y glitter.

(photographed: Zoya "Chloe")

I think the combination is really adorable even if it doesn't perfectly replicate the look of Deborah Lippmann's "Sweet Dreams."

(photographed: Essie "Cute As A Button," Zoya "Chloe," 2 coats each, shade)

Make sure to enlarge the photos to catch the fleck effect.

(photographed: Essie "Cute As A Button," Zoya "Chloe," 2 coats each, shade)

Overall, I am very happy with this combination and find it very appropriate for the summer weather. Testing out different color combinations is fun and makes me tempted to buy a fuchsia pink so I can try another combination.

Would you try this combination?

No comments:

Post a Comment