Tuesday, July 24, 2012

China Glaze "Shocking Pink"

Today's nail-of-the-day post should be a nail-of-the-week post since I have resisted removing this polish for as long I could. China Glaze's "Shocking Pink" was my favorite color to wear on my toes last summer. And though it was my most worn color on my toes, I rarely wore it on my fingers. I found the neon a bit too bright for my fingers at the time. Now, however, I LOVE having this neon shade on my fingers

(photographed: China Glaze "Shocking Pink")

"Shocking Pink" is an appropriate name. It is a neon bright, hot pink color. Like most neons, you will never be able to capture how truly bright it is on camera. But I'm sure you get the idea.

(photographed: China Glaze "Shocking Pink" 3 coats, outdoors)

Looking down at my fingers and seeing China Glaze's "Shocking Pink" on my nails makes me so happy. I love how the color contrasts with my tanned skin.

(photographed: China Glaze "Shocking Pink," 3 coats)

Pros
  • Amazing neon for summer.
  • "Shocking Pink" is a part of China Glaze's permanent line, so it's easily accessible!
  • Did I mention the color is just amazing? It's one of those colors that you can't help but continuously stare at your nails all day.
Cons
  • A little streaky. 3 coats was almost perfect, but not quite.
  • For me, neon formula polishes chip easily, and this polish is no exception.

Final Verdict: This polish is undoubtedly one of my favorite polishes for summer. It's great for fingers and toes and diverges from your typical red into something a bit more fun.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the colour of that China Glaze Shocking Pink nail lacquer - it is absolutely gorgeous
    (and happens to be my favourite colour)! Your application of the China Glaze nail laquer looks absolutely perfect to me. I love your analysis and agree with your conclusion. xx

    My fashion blog: https://full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/
    My YouTube videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/misterpantybuns/videos

    ReplyDelete