Saturday, June 9, 2012

NOTD: Essie "A Crewed Interest"

I currently have Essie's "A Crewed Interest" on my nails and I love it. It works for those moments when something like Essie's "Van D'Go" is slightly too bright, but I still want a peachy-cantaloupe color. "A Crewed Interest" is from the Essie Navigate Her Collection for Spring 2012. Did I mention the name is pretty hilarious?

(Essie "A Crewed Interest")

Essie's "A Crewed Interest" is a soft color that would work for all seasons. It's a beautiful peach that can work with every season. The formula is a bit streaky and it can take about 3-4 coats to reach opacity. With my skin tone, the pink tones in this polish seem to really pop (though still not as pink as something like Essie's "Van D'Go."

(Essie "A Crewed Interest," 3 coats)

(Essie "A Crewed Interest," 3 coats)

(Essie "A Crewed Interest," 3 coats)

I personally don't mind that this polish leans slightly pink. I'm still in search of a polish similar to this but slightly less pink, but I still like this polish a lot!

2 comments:

  1. I was looking for swatches of Essie- A Crewed Interest and I stumbled upon your blog. Our collections are very similar, you have good taste! Sometimes if you paint a coat of white polish on your nail first, it really helps the color pop, and you only need a coat or two for full opacity!

    -ch
    polishedawf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! (:
      I will definitely look into trying that, especially w/ gel finishes. I hate how they always show visible nail line.

      Delete